Statue of Unity
The Statue of Unity is an under planning 182 meters (597 ft) monument of Vallabhbhai Patel that will be created directly facing the Narmada Dam, 3.2 km away on the river island called Sadhu Bet of Narmada River, near Bharuch in the Gujarat state of India. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was the first Home Minister of India. He was known as the “Iron Man of India” because of his ability to take strict decisions.
As part of the project, a bridge connecting the statue on Sadhu Island to the bank, a memorial, visitor centre buildings, a memorial garden, a hotel, a convention centre, an amusement park, research centres and institutes will also be constructed. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust (SVPRET), a special purpose vehicle was established by the Gujarat government for construction of the statue.
To make this project truly about unity, iron used in the construction of the statue will be voluntarily donated by from the people of India mainly farmers.
Prime Minister of India and former Chief Minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the statue on 31 October 2013, the 138th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. He along with L. K. Advani announced to the public that after completion of the project,
It will be the tallest statue in the world. The construction started on January 26, 2014. Joe Menna, an American digital sculptor, will design the statue.
- CGPSC State Service Exam (Mains) Online Form 2020
- CGRRDA Jobs for Accountant, Data Entry Operator, and Asst Grade 3
- CMHO Recruitment for Nursing Officer, Counselor, Ward Assistant
- CMHO Recruitment for District Data Asst, Accountant, Secretarial Asst
- CMHO Recruitment for Specialist, Medical Officer – 10 Posts vacancy
- Army Recruiting Office (5)
- Cantonment Board (1)
- CG Government Job (58)
- CG Medical Jobs (55)
- CG Vyapam (2)
- CGPEB (3)
- CGPSC (13)
- Chhattisgarh High Court (4)
- CMHO (32)
- CSPHCL (1)
- Directorate of Medical Education (1)
- DRDO-CVRDE (1)
- e Notes (3)
- English Grammar (6)
- Essay (58)
- Full form (21)
- Goa Shipyard Limited (1)
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya (1)
- Indian Coast Guard (1)
- Latest Police/ Defense Jobs (12)
- Letter Writing (34)
- Ministry of defense (1)
- NHM Chhattisgarh (2)
- Notification (2)
- Poem (6)
- Private Job (2)
- Question Paper (1)
- Result (6)
- Teaching Job (10)
- Chhattisgarh Forest Service Exam CGPSC Online Form 2020
- Write an application to your principal requesting him to grant you three days of sick leave.
- Civil Judge Online Form 2020 [CGPSC] Latest CG Govt Jobs
- Write a letter to your friend’s father, informing you about your friend who got injured during a football match.
- CGPSC Asst Director (Agriculture) Exam Online Form 2020Last Date: 15/07/2020
- Latest job 2020 – Mazdoor, Chowkidar & Civil Motor Driver
- Lecturer, Head Master, Asst Teacher, Asst, Peon & Other job vacancies 2020
- Unseen Passage or Unseen Comprehension