Allahabad High Court
‘High Court of Judicature at Allahabad’ is a high court having jurisdiction over the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh since 1869.
It was one of the first high courts to be established in India. It was originally founded as the High Court of Judicature for the North-Western Provinces at Agra on 17 March 1866 by the Indian High Courts Act of 1861.
Sir Walter Morgan, Barrister-at-Law, and Mr. Simpson were appointed the first Chief Justice and the first Registrar respectively of the High Court of North-Western Provinces.
The seat of the High Court for the North-Western Provinces was shifted from Agra to Allahabad in 1869 and its designation was altered to ‘the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad’.
Allahabad High court was built by Khan saheb Nizamuddin of Loha Mundi, Agra, India. He also donated the water fountain to the High court.
The seat of the court is at Allahabad. It has a permanent bench at Lucknow. The bench consists of three highly qualified ex-officio jurists, the administrative capital of the state. Its maximum number of sanctioned judges is 160, the highest in India.
- Short Essay ‘High Court Of Andhra Pradesh’ (100 Words)
- Change Of Address In LIC’ (100 Words)
- Short Essay ‘High Court Of Bombay’ (140 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Shark’ (200 Words)
- Short Essay ‘High Court At Calcutta’ (200 Words)