What is Report Writing?
Reports are documents that both give a reader information and ask the reader to do something with that information. Reports can be used to suggest new ideas and options; to ask people to accept a point of view; to influence rt decisions; to ask people to make choices between alternative recommendations.
How to write a report
Therefore a well — structured and well — written report can be a very influential document.
One of the key issues is to carefully provide signposts for the reader to through-out the report. Use headings, subheadings, bullet points (but remember to use Full sentences rather than notes here), and new paragraphs for new topics.
A report may be called a factual description or an account of an event or incident or an investigation of an issue or a problem. It may also be an objective analysis or evaluation of something.
A report meant for a school magazine usually is a brief account of an activity or function held in a school. Just like an article, it has a heading, the name of the reporter, and details of the event.
Tips for Report Writing Format
Here is a list of valuable points that should be included in a report
- Name, Nature of event
- An account of what happened e.g., dance recital, prize distribution, etc.
- Date, time 4- place
- Vote of Thanks
- Chief Guest/Guest(s) of Honour
- A comment on the quality of the programme
- The main point of the Chief Guest’s message
- The writer’s contribution or participation
- Only relevant details should be included
- Generally, Simple Past or Past Passive Tense is used
- It Must haVe a well ‘Headline’ and By-line.
- You should Maintain fluency throughout the draft.
- Western Coalfields Jobs Sr Medical Specialist, Medical Specialist, Sr Medical Officer
- SECL Jobs Sr. Medical Specialist, Medical Specialist & Medical Officer
- CGPSC State Service Exam (Mains) Online Form 2020
- CGRRDA Jobs for Accountant, Data Entry Operator, and Asst Grade 3
- CMHO Recruitment for Nursing Officer, Counselor, Ward Assistant
- Army Recruiting Office (5)
- Cantonment Board (1)
- CG Government Job (60)
- CG Medical Jobs (55)
- CG Vyapam (2)
- CGPEB (3)
- CGPSC (13)
- Chhattisgarh High Court (4)
- CMHO (32)
- CSPHCL (1)
- Directorate of Medical Education (1)
- DRDO-CVRDE (1)
- e Notes (3)
- English Grammar (6)
- Essay (58)
- Full form (21)
- Goa Shipyard Limited (1)
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya (1)
- Indian Coast Guard (1)
- Latest Police/ Defense Jobs (12)
- Letter Writing (34)
- Ministry of defense (1)
- NHM Chhattisgarh (2)
- Notification (2)
- Poem (6)
- Private Job (2)
- Question Paper (1)
- Result (6)
- Teaching Job (10)
- Chhattisgarh Forest Service Exam CGPSC Online Form 2020
- Write an application to your principal requesting him to grant you three days of sick leave.
- Civil Judge Online Form 2020 [CGPSC] Latest CG Govt Jobs
- Write a letter to your friend’s father, informing you about your friend who got injured during a football match.
- CGPSC Asst Director (Agriculture) Exam Online Form 2020Last Date: 15/07/2020
- Latest job 2020 – Mazdoor, Chowkidar & Civil Motor Driver
- Unseen Passage or Unseen Comprehension
- Lecturer, Head Master, Asst Teacher, Asst, Peon & Other job vacancies 2020