Short essay on mahatma Gandhi
“Lives of great men all remind us, that we can make our lives sublime.”
His Birth and Family—His full name was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. He was born on October 2, 1869, at Porbandar, in Gujrat. His father was Karamchand Gandhi. He was the Dewan of Rajkot state. His mother was Putlibai. She was a good and polite lady. Kasturba was his wife. She was a simple and gentle lady.
His Education—Gandhiji got his early education at Rajkot. As a student, he was weak and shy. He was very honest. He passed his matriculation. Then he went to England for further studies. He passed Bar. at Law. He came back to Indian and became a barrister.
His works—He started his practice. He went to South Africa in a case. The condition of the Indians was very bad there. The English tortured them. He fought for their rights. He came back to India. He started the struggle for freedom. He went to jail many times. Under his leadership, India became free on 15th August 1947. Gandhiji worked for the Harijans and Hindu-Muslim unity. He loved Truth and Ahinsa most. He wanted ‘Ram Rajya’ in the Country.
Conclusion—On January 30, 1948, Gandhiji was shot dead. The Angel of peace left us forever. All the Country mourned his death. But his name Will never die. He was a true servant of his motherland. We are proud of him.
Related essay – Click Here
- Essay on Important of Games and Sports in our Life
- Essay on “Time is the coin of Our life”.
- Essay on Advantages and disadvantages of television
- Essay writing on Corruption or corruption in India
- Essay on OUR LATE PRIME MINISTER—RAJEEV GANDHI
- Essay on India of my Dreams
- Essay on Electricity In Our Everyday Life | Uses of Electricity
- Essay on ENVIRONMENT POLLUTION