Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel was popularly known as Sardar Patel. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was born on 31 October 1875. Sardar Patel was a freedom fighter and He was the first Home Minister of India. He had an important contribution to the freedom struggle, due to which he is also called the Iron Man of India.
31 October 1875 Sardar Patel was born in Nadiad, Gujarat, into a peasant family. His father’s name was Jhaverbhai and his mother’s name was Ladba Devi. Sardar Patel was the youngest and fourth among his three siblings.
The main source of education of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was Swadhyaya. He studied as a barrister from London and then returned to India and started practicing in Ahmedabad.
Participation in freedom movement:
Sardar Patel participated in the freedom movement inspired by Mahatma Gandhi. Sardar Patel made his first contribution to this battle in the Kheda struggle when the Kheda region was in the grip of drought and the farmers there demanded a tax exemption from the British government. When the British government did not accept this demand, Sardar Patel, Mahatma Gandhi and others led the peasants and motivated them not to pay taxes. In the end, the government had to bow down and farmers were given tax relief.
Sardar Patel :
Sardar Patel got the name Sardar, after the Bardoli Satyagraha when he was called the Sardar of Bardoli for carrying out a strong Satyagraha in Bardoli town. Later Sardar became associated with his name.
After independence, most of the provincial committees were in favor of Sardar Patel. As Gandhiji wished, Sardar Patel distanced himself from the race for the post of Prime Minister and supported Jawaharlal Nehru. Later, he was given the post of Deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister, after which his first priority was to include indigenous princely states in India. He did this task well without any big fight. But Army had to be sent for Operation Polo of Hyderabad.
Since Sardar Patel’s contribution to the integration of India was extremely important, he was called the Iron Man of India. He died in India on 15 December 1950 and this iron man said goodbye to the world.
- Western Coalfields Jobs Sr Medical Specialist, Medical Specialist, Sr Medical Officer
- SECL Jobs Sr. Medical Specialist, Medical Specialist & Medical Officer
- CGPSC State Service Exam (Mains) Online Form 2020
- CGRRDA Jobs for Accountant, Data Entry Operator, and Asst Grade 3
- CMHO Recruitment for Nursing Officer, Counselor, Ward Assistant
- Army Recruiting Office (5)
- Cantonment Board (1)
- CG Government Job (60)
- CG Medical Jobs (55)
- CG Vyapam (2)
- CGPEB (3)
- CGPSC (13)
- Chhattisgarh High Court (4)
- CMHO (32)
- CSPHCL (1)
- Directorate of Medical Education (1)
- DRDO-CVRDE (1)
- e Notes (3)
- English Grammar (6)
- Essay (58)
- Full form (21)
- Goa Shipyard Limited (1)
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya (1)
- Indian Coast Guard (1)
- Latest Police/ Defense Jobs (12)
- Letter Writing (34)
- Ministry of defense (1)
- NHM Chhattisgarh (2)
- Notification (2)
- Poem (6)
- Private Job (2)
- Question Paper (1)
- Result (6)
- Teaching Job (10)
- Chhattisgarh Forest Service Exam CGPSC Online Form 2020
- Write an application to your principal requesting him to grant you three days of sick leave.
- Civil Judge Online Form 2020 [CGPSC] Latest CG Govt Jobs
- Write a letter to your friend’s father, informing you about your friend who got injured during a football match.
- CGPSC Asst Director (Agriculture) Exam Online Form 2020Last Date: 15/07/2020
- Latest job 2020 – Mazdoor, Chowkidar & Civil Motor Driver
- Unseen Passage or Unseen Comprehension
- Lecturer, Head Master, Asst Teacher, Asst, Peon & Other job vacancies 2020