Here we are provide you Essay on Social Media and Importance of social media advantage & disadvantages.
This is the age of using smartphones and microblogging. Whatever we need to know, we can get information about it with just one click. Social media is the most widely used tool by all age groups today, but it is more popular among youth and students. Keeping this in mind, researchers believe that social media can play a very important role in the field of education.
A large group of academic thinkers believes that social media acts as a spoiler for students, but it can be highly effective if used wisely. Instead of calling social media good or bad, we should find a way to use it to our advantage. The question still remains as to how social media can be used to our advantage in education. Let’s try and answer it.
Importance of social media in education
Today platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. are being widely used. They have become very popular among teachers, professors, and students. Social media plays a very important role for a student as it helps them to share information, get answers, and connect with teachers. Students and teachers can connect with each other through social media platforms and share information using this platform well.
Social media has the following importance-
Live telecast of lectures:
Nowadays many professors are conducting live video chats on Skype, Twitter, and other places for their lectures. It helps the students as well as the teacher to learn and share something at home. Education can be made easy and convenient with the help of social media.
Social media is a great platform for spreading popularity, where a person can make himself or any of his products more popular. Today, the trailer of movies, TV programs are also being broadcast through social media. Video and audio chats have also been facilitated through social media, with Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram being some of the major platforms.
Increased Exchange of Cooperation:
Since we can use social media at any time of the day and after the class takes to support and resolution of questions from the teacher. This practice also helps the teacher to understand more closely the development of his students.
Ease of education:
Many teachers feel that the use of social media makes their tasks easier. It also helps the teacher to expand and explore his / her abilities skills and knowledge.
Classes conducted on social media platforms are more disciplined and structured because they know that everyone is watching it.
Helpful in education:
Social media helps students to increase their knowledge through the many teaching materials made available online. Through social media, students can view videos and pictures, check reviews, and instantly clear their doubts while watching live processes. Not only students but also teachers can make their lectures more interesting by using these tools and teaching aids.
Teaching Blogs and Writing:
Students can increase their knowledge by reading blogs, articles, and writing by renowned teachers, professors, and thinkers. In this way, good content can reach a wide audience.
Positive Impact of Social Media Essay in English
- It is a good tool for education.
- It can create awareness for many social issues.
- There is a fast transfer of information online and hence the users can stay well informed.
- It can also be used as a news medium.
- There are few social benefits as well like communication with long-distance friends and relatives.
- It can provide great employment opportunities online.
- We agree that there are positive impacts of a social network but like everything else it also has cons.
Negative Impacts of Social Media
There are many negative impacts also
- Enables cheating in exams
- Dropping of grades and performance of students
- Lack of privacy
- Users are vulnerable to cyber-crimes like hacking, identity theft, phishing crimes, etc.
Conclusion on Social Media Essay
In short, certainly social media has both gains and losses. But, it all depends on the user at the end. The youth must especially create stability between their academic fulfillment, physical exercises, and social media. Excess use of anything is dangerous and the same applies to the use of social media. Accordingly, we must attempt to live a pleasing life with the appropriate balance. It cannot be denied that if social media is used wisely, it can make education better and students smarter.
- Army Recruiting Office (5)
- Cantonment Board (1)
- CG Government Job (43)
- CG Medical Jobs (40)
- CG Vyapam (1)
- CGPEB (2)
- CGPSC (10)
- Chhattisgarh High Court (3)
- CMHO (23)
- CSPHCL (1)
- Directorate of Medical Education (1)
- DRDO-CVRDE (1)
- e Notes (3)
- English Grammar (6)
- Essay (44)
- Full form (21)
- Goa Shipyard Limited (1)
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya (1)
- Indian Coast Guard (1)
- Latest Police/ Defense Jobs (12)
- Letter Writing (23)
- Ministry of defense (1)
- NHM Chhattisgarh (2)
- Notification (1)
- Poem (6)
- Private Job (2)
- Result (5)
- Teaching Job (10)
- Civil Judge Online Form 2020 [CGPSC] Latest CG Govt Jobs
- CGPSC Asst Director (Agriculture) Exam Online Form 2020Last Date: 15/07/2020
- Write a letter to your friend’s father, informing you about your friend who got injured during a football match.
- Lecturer, Head Master, Asst Teacher, Asst, Peon & Other job vacancies 2020
- Unseen Passage or Unseen Comprehension
- Write an application to your principal requesting him to grant you three days of sick leave.
- Counter Reporter Job Form 2020 -Chhattisgarh Assembly Secretariat
- [CGPSC] Insurance Medical Officer – 52 Posts, Date, Eligibility, Apply Online