SCIENCE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
WONDERS OF SCIENCE
SCIENCE: A BLESSING OR A CURSE
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF SCIENCE
In the dim dawn of creation when the man opened his eyes, he saw the blazing sun, the shining moon, the twinkling stars, the fast-flowing rivers, and gurgling cataracts. He cried in astonishment, “What are these That question has been fully answered by science today.
“Our life today is governed and conditioned by science.”
The 20th century is an age Of science. Science has now become a part and parcel of our life. It grows our food and cooks it. It lights our homes, cools us in summer, and gives warmth in winter. It takes us quickly from one place to another. It provides us means of entertainment and recreation. It cures diseases. In fact, there is hardly anything which science does not do förus: It has greatly added to the human comforts and happiness.
“In the sky above, in the oceans below and on the earth in between everywhere has gone the triumphant chariot of science.”
The impossibilities of yesterday have become the possibilities of today. Goncare those days when it took a long time for us to go from one place to another. Trains and railways are old stories. Traveling by air has now become common and popular. Modes of transportation and communication have changed and advanced very rapidly.
Wireless and radio is another great wonder of science. Sitting in our home. we can enjoy songs, talks, musical concerts, and speeches from a long-distance Television is another great gift of science. Sitting at homes we•can enjoy live shows of sports and games, various entertaining serials and films. It has provided us entertainment and education.
Science has changed our lives. We are happier than our forefathers. We have understood the importance of cleanliness. Now we run our industries through machines. Our economy has become sound through the use of machines. Science has provided us many devices to control fatal diseases. There are many powerful drugs to cure diseases. X-Rays are being used to locate secret diseases. Ultraviolet rays are used to cure certain diseases. Through computers, we can do a large number of things accurately and very fast.
Man has conquered time and distance. Now almost every country uses Radio and Television devices for communication. We have already set foot on the moon. Now we are attempting yet further to achieve our control over space. Man can swim in seas, fly in the air, breathe underwater, cross high mountains, and deserts.
The greatest recent discovery is atomic energy. It is being used for producing electricity at a cheap rate. Atomic energy is being used for different purposes in many countries. It is hardly possible to note all the gifts and benefits of science for mankind.
Yet we are at the crossroad now. 10 or a few people’s selfish interest in science has become a destructive tool. Dangerous weapons like hydrogen bombs may one day blast away all the boons. We have already faced the wrath of an atom bomb explosion in Hiroshima and Nagasaki and its pathetic aftermath. So we must learn from our past mistakes and stop misusing science. If we have to survive on this earth then science has to be used for constructive purposes.
“Science has taught us to fly like birds in the sky and swim like fish in
the oceans but it has not taught us how to walk on the earth.”
“The third world war will be fought with bombs C.E.M.Joad and missiles but the fourth will be fought with stones and arrows.”
“Science is a good servant but a bad master.”
Related essay – Click Here
- Essay on A Journey By Train
- Essay on Important of Games and Sports in our Life
- Essay on “Time is the coin of Our life”.
- Essay on Advantages and disadvantages of television
- Essay writing on Corruption or corruption in India
Some Letter Writting
- Write an Application to your Principale for School Leaving Certificate
- Write an application to your principal requesting him to grant you three days of sick leave.
- Write an application to the Secretary, to issue you a duplicate copy of your Mark-Sheet
- Dialysis Technician, Staff Nurse, Ward Aya, Ward Boy, Sweeper Job Vacancy 2020 Apply Now
- Staff Nurse, Pharmacist, Lab Technician, Radiographer Job Vacancy 2020 Apply now
- Teacher, Staff Nures, Computer & Laboratory Operator job vacancy 2020 Apply now
- Essay on self-dependent or Independent
- Letter to your friend giving a brief description of a holiday tour you intend to take.
- Army Recruiting Office (5)
- Balrampur (1)
- Bastar (2)
- Bemetara (1)
- Bijapur (1)
- Bilaspur (4)
- Cantonment Board (1)
- CG Government Job (30)
- CG Medical Jobs (18)
- CG Vyapam (1)
- CGPEB (2)
- CGPSC (8)
- Chhattisgarh High Court (3)
- CMHO (10)
- CSPHCL (1)
- Dantewada (1)
- Directorate of Medical Education (1)
- DRDO-CVRDE (1)
- Durg (1)
- e Notes (1)
- Essay (10)
- Goa Shipyard Limited (1)
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya (1)
- Indian Coast Guard (1)
- Jagdalpur (1)
- Jashpur (1)
- kabirdham (2)
- kanker (1)
- Kondagaon (5)
- Korea (2)
- Latest Police/ Defense Jobs (11)
- Letter Writing (20)
- Mahasamund (2)
- Ministry of defense (1)
- Narayanpur (1)
- NHM Chhattisgarh (2)
- Notification (1)
- Private Job (2)
- Result (5)
- Teaching Job (5)
- CSPGCL Apprentice Job Offline Form 2020
- [CGPSC] Insurance Medical Officer – 52 Posts, Date, Eligibility, Apply Online
- Civil Judge Online Form 2020 [CGPSC] Latest CG Govt Jobs
- Director, Member, Social Worker job 2020 – Posts, Date, Eligibility
- Counter Reporter Job Form 2020 -Chhattisgarh Assembly Secretariat
- District Judge (Entry Level) vacancy – Latest CG Govt Jobs 2020
- Latest CGPSC Assistant Geo-Hydrologist, Asst Geo-Physics, Asst Geo-Chemist 7 Posts
- MO, MLT NHM, Block Manager, ANM, Instructor & Other – 63 Posts