Your most embarrassing experience
Our family lives in the suburb of HCM city, not far from the central city. It is about 30 kilometers to the South.
Last week my parents, my brothers, and my sisters paid a visit to my grandparents in the country and I, therefore, stayed at home alone.
I used to get up very early in the morning. As usual, after going to the market to buy some necessary things, I came back home to start doing the housework such as cleaning the floor, making the bed, making coffee, and preparing lunch.
The house now was so clean and tidy that it seemed bigger and larger. I worked from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. I was so tired that I had to stop working to rest. After 15 minutes of relaxation, I started working again.
Right after I had taken the teapot from the cupboard, I suddenly felt something burning downstairs. I got so embarrassed and frightened that I dropped the teapot while I was hurrying downstairs.
To my horror and surprise, the kettle on the electric stove was on fire. I was in such a confusing state that I was quite at a loss. Then I came up with an idea: I rushed to the switchboard to cut off the electric power.
The house suddenly became as dark as pitch. In the pitch-dark kitchen, the kettle turned so dazzling red that it looked just like a hot burning sun on a stifling summer afternoon.