Gauhati High Court
The ‘Gauhati High Court’ today emerged from the High Court of Assam. The High Court of Assam was established with effect from 5th April 1948. The Assam High Court initially had its sittings at Shillong but shifted to Gauhati on 14th August 1948. Later on, the Assam High Court came to be known as the High Court of Assam and Nagaland.
On re-organization of the North-Eastern region, a common High Court was established for the five North-Eastern States Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, and Tripura, and the two Union Territories, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh and called the Gauhati High Court. By the State of Mizoram Act, 1986, the common High Court for the States of Assam, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, and Mizoram called the High Court of Assam, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, and Mizoram came into being. Later a common High Court for the States of Assam, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, and Arunachal Pradesh came into being.
The Gauhati High Court occupied the unique position of being a common High Court of seven States of North East India, till 23.03.2013, the date of functioning of separate High Courts in Meghalaya, Manipur, and Tripura. The Principal Seat of the Gauhati High Court is at Guwahati. Apart from the Principal Seat, the High Court has 3 outlying Benches, viz, Kohima Bench, Aizawl Bench, and Itanagar Bench. Sir R.F. Lodge was the first Chief Justice of the Assam High Court.
Some Other Application And Letter Writing
- Write a letter to your friend’s father, informing you about your friend who got injured during a football match
- Letter to your friend giving a brief description of a holiday tour you intend to take.
- Write a letter to your friend’s father, informing you about your friend who got injured during a football match.
- Write a letter to your cousin Ramesh describing to him your hostel life.
- Write a letter of thanks to your friend Ram who has sent you a birthday present.
Some Essay – Click Here
- Essay on the Important of Games and Sports in our Life
- Essay on “Time is the coin of Our life”.
- Essay on Advantages and disadvantages of television
- Essay writing on Corruption or corruption in India
- Essay on OUR LATE PRIME MINISTER—RAJEEV GANDHI
- Essay on India of my Dreams
- Essay on Electricity In Our Everyday Life | Uses of Electricity
- Essay on ENVIRONMENT POLLUTION