World Women’s Day
‘International Women’s Day ‘ is marked on 8th March every year around the world. This date is also commemorated by the United Nations and is designated in many countries as a national holiday. In some countries, the day is not a public holiday but is widely observed nonetheless.
It is marked as a general celebration of respect, appreciation, and love toward women. On this day many events are held by women’s groups around the world.
It is customary for men to give the women in their lives – mothers, wives, girlfriends, daughters, colleagues, etc. – flowers and gifts on this day.
Events took place on March 8 to commemorate International Women’s Day. This day is the story of ordinary women as makers of history.
The UN theme for International Women’s Day 2013 is A promise: Time for action to end violence against women.
- Short Essay On ‘Value Of Sports’ (120 Words)
- Short Debate On ‘Should Students Be Allowed To Carry Mobile Phones With Them’ [AGAINST] (290 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Jagannath Puri’ (210 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Good Friday’ (90 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Where There Is A Will There Is A Way (120 Words)