Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day): 31 October
In India, ‘Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day)’ was first celebrated on 31st October 2014. It was the 139th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The full name of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was Sardar Vallabhbhai, Jhaverbhai Patel. He was born on 31 October 1875 in Nadiad, Gujarat, India.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was a very hard-working individual from his childhood. He used to help his father in farming and also took time for his studies. He became an Indian barrister and statesman. He was one of the leaders of the Indian National Congress and one of the founding fathers of the Republic of India. He took an active part in the struggle of India.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel became the first Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of India. He used strength and determination to bring together the many Indian princely states to form one united country- India as we know it today. He was often known as the ‘Iron Man of India’.
In memory of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, his birth date 31st October is celebrated as ‘Patel Jayanti’ in the whole country. This day is celebrated with great pomp in schools and colleges. Floral tributes are paid at the statues of Sardar Patel. Since Year 2014 Patel Jayanti is celebrated as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Diwas’. On this day ‘Run for Unity’ are held across the whole country. Run for unity is held to spread awareness about Patel’s contribution to Indian history.
- Short Biography Of ‘Ramaswamy Venkataraman’
- ‘Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day): 31 October’ In India (230 Words)
- Short Article On ‘India- The Land Of Spices’ (252 Words)
- ‘Students Should Be Allowed To Carry Mobile Phones To School’ (254 Words)
- ‘International Men’s Day: 19 November’
- Short Essay On ‘Rani Lakshmibai’ (220 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Rajendra Prasad Jayanti: 03 December’ (230 Words)