Electrical Safety Measures
Electricity is a controllable and convenient form of energy, a phenomenon that is the result of the existence of electrical charge. Electricity is expressed by the amount of charge flowing through a particular area in unit time. It is the energy that is linked with magnetism. It is generated in power stations and sent across the country along with cables carried on towers called pylons.
Electricity is a necessity for modern civilization. It has invaded our lives and become vital in all aspects to our society. It is a medium for the transmission of signals in computers, cell phones etc. In industry, manufacturing relies on electricity to drive virtually all moving parts and can be converted into light, heat, and magnetism. Scientific inventions like portable batteries and memory sticks have made the world worth living. Diseases are cured by electric treatment. The electric printing press has given us newspapers, magazines, and books bringing light not only to our homes but also to our heads.
In order to ensure safety in and out of our homes, be sure to turn off the lights and unplug all electrical appliances like TV, computers, etc because they have standby functions that consume electricity even when turned off. Be careful not to leave electrical cords where people might step on them. Be away from areas marked with signs that read “Danger: High Voltage.” Avoid excessive illumination and never use water to put out an electrical fire, never climb utility poles and fences around electrical plants. Always put away electrical appliances and power tools immediately after use.
- Short Article On ‘Save Childhood Save Future’ (250 Words)
- Short Debate On ‘Is 21st Century Man Really Cultured And Civilized’ [AGAINST] (300 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Judiciary Vs. Media’ (250 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Care Should Be Taken In Selection Of Books’ (170 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Cinema: As A Means Of Education (125 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Where There Is A Will There Is A Way ‘ (120 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Protect Atmosphere, Save Life’ (200 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Caring For A Pet Snake’ (156 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Childhood Is The Best Part Of Life’ (150 Words)