Full name of ‘B.D. Jatti’ was Basappa Danappa Jatti. He was born on 10 September 1912 in Savalagi village of Bijapur district. At the early age of 10 years, he married Sangamma of Bhabhanagar in 1922. His father was a humble grocer. He braved family difficulties and completed his education.
After completing his graduation in Law, Jatti began his legal practice as an advocate for a very short span of time in his hometown Jamkhandi. In 1940, he entered politics as a Municipality member at Jamkhandi and subsequently became the President of the Jamkhandi Town Municipality in 1945. Finally, he became the ‘dewan’ of Jamkhandi state in 1948.
Jatti was appointed as the Lieutenant Governor of Pondicherry in 1968. He became the Governor of Odisha in 1972 and, in 1974. He assumed office as the fifth Vice-President of India. He became acting President for a brief period after the death of Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed in 1977
Jatti died on 7 June 2002 at the age of 89. The soft-spoken Jatti rose from a humble beginning as a Municipality member to India’s second-highest office during a five-decade-long chequered political career. He completed his obligations with constitutional dignity.
- Short Essay On ‘M. Hidayatullah’ (270 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Atal Bihari Vajpayee’ (310 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Khān Abdul Ghaffār Khān'(220 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’ (180 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘B.D. Jatti’
- Short Biography Of ‘Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed’
- Short Biography Of ‘Subhash Chandra Bose’
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Red Fort’ (300 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Taj Mahal’ (250 Words)