‘Bhaichung Bhutia’ was born on 15 December 1976, at Tinkitan, Sikkim. He picked up football very early since that was the only game that everybody played in his village. At the early age of eleven, Bhaichung’s skill in football earned him an SAI (Sports Authority of India) scholarship at the Tashi Namgyal Academy, Gangtok.
In 1992, for the first time, he played for India at the under-16 Sub-Junior Tournament at Dacca. His mastery of football has earned him nicknames such as ‘Wiz Kid’, ‘Crises Man’, ‘Man with the Golden Boot’, ‘Wonder Kid’, ‘Boy Wonder, and many others. During this period he played for many clubs and leagues. He was voted the ‘Asian Player of the Month in May 1999. Bhaichung won Sikkim State Award and the national Arjun Award. In September 1999, at the age of 25, he joined the Second Division English Club, Burry F.C., in Manchester, England.
Bhaichung Bhutia is Indian football’s pride and joy. The fact that he is the first Indian to play in European Club as a professional makes him a special footballer in our country. Bhaichung good nature is matched with hard work and a great determination to succeed. Bhaichung Bhutia is a household name in India and it is every young player’s dream to be like this wonderful footballer.
- Short Biography Of ‘Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (S. Radhakrishnan)’ (150 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman’ (C V Raman) (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Daniel Defoe’ (100 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Madhu Limaye’ (100 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Sudha Chandran’ (212 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore’ (180 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Alexander Graham Bell’ (120 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Jai Prakash Narayan (JP Narayan)’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar’ (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar) (130 Words)