‘Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan ‘
‘Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan’ was born on 5 September 1888 in a village near Thiruttani, India. His father’s name was Sarvepalli Veeraswami and his mother’s name was Sitamma. He was married to Sivakamu.
Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan was a staunch believer in education and was a well-known diplomat, scholar, and ideal teacher. He was a great Philosopher and also a teacher. He was also a great freedom fighter. He had a deep love for the profession of teaching. When India became independent in 1947, Radhakrishnan was elected as the first Vice President of India in 1952. He was elected as the second President of India after Dr. Rajendra Prasad. He died on 17 April 1975.
In India, ‘Teacher’s Day is celebrated on the 5th of September each year. It is the birth date of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. Teachers’ day is celebrated as a mark of tribute to the contribution made by teachers to society. On this day teachers selected from schools and colleges are invited by the President of India and honored by giving a certificate of recognition along with a cash prize. The award given by the President is called the National Award for Teachers, which is a great honor to humble teachers.
- Short Biography Of ‘Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman’ (C V Raman) (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Daniel Defoe’ (100 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Bhaichung Bhutia’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Madhu Limaye’ (100 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Sudha Chandran’ (212 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore’ (180 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Alexander Graham Bell’ (120 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Jai Prakash Narayan (JP Narayan)’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar’ (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar) (130 Words)