‘Jai Prakash Narayan’
‘Jai Prakash Narayan’ was born on October 11, 1902, in the village of Sitabdiara, Bihar, India. His father’s name was Harsu Dayal Srivastava and his mother’s name was Phul Rani Devi. His father Harsu Dayal Srivastava was a junior official in the State Government Department. He married Prabhavati Devi in 1920.
Popularly known as ‘Lok Nayak’, Jai Prakash Narayan was a great freedom fighter and political leader. He was a leader (Nayak) of the people (Lok). He was a dedicated social worker and took part in the Bhoodan Movement to give land to the poor and landless people of India.
He is remembered especially for leading the opposition to Indira Gandhi in the 1970s and for giving a call for a peaceful Total Revolution. He was an author too. His essay, ‘The present state of Hindi in Bihar’ won the best essay award. Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan was awarded posthumously India’s highest civilian award, the ‘Bharat Ratna’ in 1999. He was also awarded ‘Ramon Magsaysay Award in 1965.
Jai Prakash Narayan died on 8 October 1979 in Patna, Bihar, India. He was a great Indian Hero and will always be remembered as the true patriot and Sarvodaya leader of India.
- Short Biography Of ‘Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (S. Radhakrishnan)’ (150 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman’ (C V Raman) (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Daniel Defoe’ (100 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Bhaichung Bhutia’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Madhu Limaye’ (100 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Sudha Chandran’ (212 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore’ (180 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Alexander Graham Bell’ (120 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar’ (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar) (130 Words)