‘Jawaharlal Nehru’ was born on 14th November, 1889 at Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. His father’s name was Pt. Moti Lal Nehru was a famous lawyer. His mother’s name was Swaruprani. Jawaharlal was the eldest of three children, two of whom were girls. Jawaharlal Nehru got his early education at home. Later, he went to England for higher education. He graduated from Cambridge University. In 1912, he returned to India. In 1916, he got married to Kamla Nehru.
Jawaharlal Nehru met the top Indian leaders like M.K. Gandhi, G.K. Gokhale, Dr. Annie Bessant and C.R.Das. In 1920 he joined the Non-co-operation Movement started by Gandhiji. He took part in the Civil Disobedience Movement. In 1942 he also joined Gandhiji’s Quit India Movement. Jawaharlal Nehru was sent to Jail many times. Finally, on 15th August 1947, India got her freedom. Jawaharlal Nehru became the first Prime Minister of India.
Jawaharlal Nehru was one of the greatest leaders in India. He was a true diplomat. He was the founder of Panchashila. He was a lover of Indian Culture. He wrote such famous books as “Autobiography”, “the Discovery of India” and “Glimpses of World History”. He loved children very much and was called ‘Chacha Nehru’. His birthday is celebrated as Children’s Day all over India. Nehru passed away on 27th May 1964. His death was mourned by the world.
- Short Biography of ‘Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia’ | Ram Manohar Lohia
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice H.J. Kania’ (150 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Jawaharlal Nehru’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Lal Bahadur Shastri’
- ‘Revival Of Lapsed Policy In LIC’ (166 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice K Subba Rao’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice M Fathima Beevi’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of Mahatma Gandhi
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice Ruma Pal’ (100 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice Sujata V Manohar’ (150 Words)