Justice M Fathima Beevi
‘Justice M. Fathima Beevi’ was born on 30.04.1927 in Pathanamthitta (Kerala). Her Parents were Meera Sahib and Khadeeja Bibi. She did her schooling in Catholicate High School, Pathanamthitta, and degree B.Sc. at University College, Trivandrum. She obtained her B.L. from Government Law College, Trivandrum.
She was enrolled as an advocate on 14.11.1950. She was appointed as the music of the Kerala Subordinate Judicial Services in May 1958. She was promoted as Chief Judicial Magistrate in 1972. She was promoted to District and Session Judge in 1974. She Was appointed as a Judicial member of the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal in Jan. 1980. She was elevated as the Kerala High Court Judge on 04.08.1983. She became the Permanent Judge of the High Court of Kerala on 14.03.1984. She was elevated as the Supreme Court Judge in 1989.
Justice M. Fathima Beevi was the First Woman Judge of the Supreme Court of India. She was the first Muslim woman to be appointed to any higher judiciary. She was the first woman judge of a Supreme Court of a nation in India and Asia. She retired on 29.04.1992.
- Short Biography of ‘Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia’ | Ram Manohar Lohia
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice H.J. Kania’ (150 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Jawaharlal Nehru’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Lal Bahadur Shastri’
- ‘Revival Of Lapsed Policy In LIC’ (166 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice K Subba Rao’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of Mahatma Gandhi
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice Ruma Pal’ (100 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice Sujata V Manohar’ (150 Words)