Full name of ‘K.R. Narayanan’ was ‘Kocheril Raman Narayanan’. K.R. Narayanan was born on 27 October 1920 in Uzhavoor, Kerala, India. His father’s name was Kocheril Raman Vaidyar, he was a physician. Narayanan was married to Ma Tint Tint, a foreigner, who later adopted the Indian name Usha and became an Indian citizen.
Narayanan had his early schooling in Uzhavoor. He obtained his B. A. (Honours) and M.A. in English literature from the University of Travancore. He went to England and studied political science at the London School of Economics.
K.R. Narayanan began his career in India as a member of the Indian Foreign Service. He served as ambassador to Japan, the United Kingdom, Thailand, Turkey, the People’s Republic of China, and the United States of America. He entered politics and won three successive general elections to the Lok Sabha. He served as a Minister of State in the Union Cabinet under former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
K.R. Narayanan was elected as the ninth Vice President of India in 1992. He became the tenth President of India in 1997. He was the first and, so far, the only member of the Dalit community, to hold the post.
Narayanan died on 9 November 2005 at the age of 85 in New Delhi, India. He is regarded as an independent and assertive President of India. He described himself as a ‘working President’.
- Short Article On ‘Wrong Acts Of Children’ (150 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Don’t Be Scared, Be Prepared: Dealing With Natural Disasters ‘ (170 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘World Savings Day’ (125 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’ (264 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Save Culture’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘V.V. Giri’ (187 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Necessity Of Female Education’ (400 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma’ (143 Words)