Lal Bahadur Shastri
‘Lal Bahadur Shastri’ was born on 2nd October 1904 at Mughal Sarai, Uttar Pradesh, India. His father’s name was Sharda Prasad, he was a school teacher and later became a clerk in the Revenue Office at Allahabad. His mother’s name was Ramdulari Devi. He was hardly a year old when he lost his father. After the death of his father, his mother took him and his two sisters to her parent’s house.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was educated at Mughalsarai and Varanasi. He graduated with a first-class degree from the Kashi Vidyapeeth. He was given the title ‘Shastri’. He offered Satyagraha and was sentenced to imprisonment at different times. He joined the Indian independence movement in 1921. He was deeply impressed and influenced by Mahatma Gandhi. Lastly, India became independent on 15th August 1947. He became the second Prime Minister of India after Jawahar Lal Nehru.
Lal Bahadur Shastri showed a rare quality of courage and determination during the India-Pakistan war. He gave the slogan ‘Jai Jawan Jai Kisan. He was the first person to be posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna, A memorial ‘Vijay Ghat’ was built for him in Delhi. Shastri was known for his honesty and humility throughout his life. He died on 11th Jan 1966 in Tashkent, USSR. Lal Bahadur Shastri was truly a great man who gave less importance to himself.
- Short Biography of ‘Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia’ | Ram Manohar Lohia
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice H.J. Kania’ (150 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Jawaharlal Nehru’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Lal Bahadur Shastri’
- ‘Revival Of Lapsed Policy In LIC’ (166 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice K Subba Rao’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice M Fathima Beevi’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of Mahatma Gandhi
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice Ruma Pal’ (100 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice Sujata V Manohar’ (150 Words)