The full name of ‘Mahatma Gandhi’ was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. He was born in Porbandar of Gujarat, India on 2 October 1869. After passing the Matric Examination he went to England for higher studies. Gandhiji completed his law in England and came back to India in 1893. He started his career as a lawyer.
The Social Life of Gandhiji started in South Africa. In South Africa, he faced many hurdles. He discovered that the white men were ill-treating the dark Indians there. He himself was tortured and insulted by the white often. One day, he was traveling in a first-class compartment on a train. He had booked a ticket for him. Still, he was evented and punished out of the compartment by the white men. Gandhiji fought against this unjust and cruel treatment. He observed Satyagraha there and became successful.
Gandhiji returned to India and took part in the freedom fight. He was sent to jail many times. Now all the countrymen were with him. He started the Non-co-operation in 1930 and the Quit India Movement in 1942. He became famous as the ‘Father of Nation’ Lastly India wins freedom on 15th August 1947.
Gandhi’s style of living was very simple. He was a follower of ‘Simple living, high thinking. He taught us the lesson of ‘Ahimsa’. He removed the caste barrier in India. He was a reformer. He was shot dead by an Indian on his way to attend a prayer on 30 January 1948. Mahatma Gandhi is remembered in the world for his major virtues.
- Short Biography of ‘Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia’ | Ram Manohar Lohia
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice H.J. Kania’ (150 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Jawaharlal Nehru’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Lal Bahadur Shastri’
- ‘Revival Of Lapsed Policy In LIC’ (166 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice K Subba Rao’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice M Fathima Beevi’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of Mahatma Gandhi
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice Ruma Pal’ (100 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Justice Sujata V Manohar’ (150 Words)