The full name of ‘Pratibha Patil’ is Pratibha Devisingh Patil. Pratibha Patil was born on 19 December 1934 in the village of Nagaon, in the Jalgaon district of Maharashtra. Her father’s name is Narayan Rao Patil. She married Devisingh Ransingh Shekhawat on 7 July 1965.
Pratibha Patil was educated initially in Jalgaon. Subsequently, she was awarded a Masters’s degree in Political Science and Economics by Mooljee Jetha College, Jalgaon, and then a Bachelor of Law degree by Government Law College, Mumbai.
At the age of 27, Pratibha Patil was elected to the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly for the Jalgaon constituency. She became a Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha between 1985 and 1990. In the 1991 elections for the 10th Lok Sabha, she was elected as a Member of Parliament representing the Amravati constituency. Pratibha Patil held various Cabinet portfolios during her period in the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly and she also held official positions in both the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha. On 8 November 2004, she was appointed as the 24th Governor of Rajasthan. After this, she became the 12th President of India and resumed office from 25 July 2007 to 25 July 2012.
Pratibha Patil was the first woman in India to hold the office of President. She will always be remembered as an Indian politician who served as the 12th President of India.
- Short Article On ‘Value Of Time’ (190 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Rajiv Gandhi’ (190 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Child Labour’ (200 Words)
- ‘Famous Festivals Of India’ | Essay On ‘Famous Festivals Of India’ In English (1350 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Giani Zail Singh’ (150 Words)
- Short Article On Habits Of Young Aged Boys And Girls (150 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Should Students Be Allowed To Carry Mobile Phones With Them’ (290 Words)
- Short Article on ‘Freedom of Thought’ (200 Words)