‘Ramaswamy Venkataraman’ was born on 4 December 1910 in Rajamadam village in Tanjore district in Tamil Nadu State.
Ramaswamy Venkataraman had his school education in Govt Boys Higher Secondary School, Pattukottai & College education at National College Higher Secondary School at Trichy. He obtained his Master’s Degree in Economics from Loyola College, Madras. He later qualified in Law from the Law College, Madras. He was enrolled in the High Court, Madras in 1935 and in the Supreme Court in 1951.
Ramaswamy Venkataraman took an active part in India’s freedom movement. His participation in the Quit India Movement of 1942, resulted in his detention for two years.
Ramaswamy Venkataraman was a member of the constituent assembly that drafted India’s constitution. He was elected to Lok Sabha four times. He was appointed Union Minister many times. He was elected as the seventh Vice President of India from 20 August 1982 to 27 July 1987. Later he was elected as the 8th President of India. He was in office from 25 July 1987 to 25 July 1992.
Venkataraman died on 27 January 2009 in New Delhi at the age of 98. For his great works, he will always be remembered.
- Short Biography Of ‘Ramaswamy Venkataraman’
- ‘Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day): 31 October’ In India (230 Words)
- Short Article On ‘India- The Land Of Spices’ (252 Words)
- ‘Students Should Be Allowed To Carry Mobile Phones To School’ (254 Words)
- ‘International Men’s Day: 19 November’
- Short Essay On ‘Rani Lakshmibai’ (220 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Rajendra Prasad Jayanti: 03 December’ (230 Words)