‘Siegfried Sassoon’ was born on 8th September 1886 in England. His full name was Siegfried Loraine Sassoon. His father Alfred Ezra Sassoon was a member of the wealthy Baghdadi Jewish Sassoon merchant family. Siegfried Sassoon was an eminent English poet and writer.
Siegfried Sassoon served during the first world war as a captain. At first, he was very excited and felt honored to be in the war and fighting for his country; but then, when he saw the horrors of the war firsthand, he began to speak out against it. He wrote some moving poetry about the hardships and tragedies felt in war. Siegfried Sassoon died on 1st September 1967 at the age of 80.
- Short Biography Of ‘Raja Ram Mohan Roy’ (155 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Mihir Sen’ (138 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Ways To Prevent Animal Attacks’ (120 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Nelson Mandela’ (294 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’
- Short Biography Of ‘Paul Laurence Dunbar’ (116 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Harry Houdini’ (141 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Jagdish Chandra Bose’ (176 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Sarojini Naidu’ (250 Words)