‘Sudha Chandran’ was born on 21 September 1964 in Kerala, India. She got her higher education in Mumbai, India. Sudha Chandran was born in a middle-class family living in Mumbai, India. At the stage of three, she started learning Indian Classical Dance. Soon she became one of the most promising pupils of Bharat Natyam, a Classical Dance form.
Sudha had just turned sixteen when she and her parents set off on a vacation to South India. On their return journey, their bus was hit by a truck. It was a terrible accident and Sudha had fractured her leg. Unfortunately, the fractured foot got infected and lastly removed. She was fitted with an artificial foot.
Sudha resumed dance lessons. It was not easy at all with an artificial foot. Her strong will and hard work paid off. Very soon she started dancing in front of an audience again. Soon she became very popular.
Inspired by her story, in 1982 ‘Mayuri’, a Telugu film was made. She acted in the film herself. Later, in 1986, it was remade in Hindi, and called ‘Nache Mayuri’. After that, she acted in many other films, too. Her television serials are also screened in several countries.
Sudha Chandran is much more than an actor or a dancer– She is a living legend.
Sudha Chandran matter
Sudha Chandran is an Indian film and television actress and Bharatanatyam dancer. She is known for her roles in the TV serials “Kaahin Kisii Roz” and “Kaajjal” and the films “Mayuri” and “Nache Mayuri”. She is also known for her remarkable recovery from a serious injury, as she lost one of her legs in an accident and had to undergo amputation, but she continued to pursue her career as a dancer and actress with the help of a prosthetic leg. Chandran has won several awards and accolades for her acting and dancing, including the Filmfare Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, the National Film Award for Best Actress, and the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actress.
- Short Biography Of ‘Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (S. Radhakrishnan)’ (150 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman’ (C V Raman) (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Daniel Defoe’ (100 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Bhaichung Bhutia’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Madhu Limaye’ (100 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore’ (180 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Alexander Graham Bell’ (120 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Jai Prakash Narayan (JP Narayan)’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar’ (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar) (130 Words)