Is 21st Century man really cultured and civilized?
Respect and reverence for elders are keystones of any culture. In the 21st Century, man is living in an age where popular culture has almost extinguished the light of manhood. A growing number of the young man have never received a vision of what a gentleman can be, this is the real picture of today.
This new generation of young men can no longer depend on the images that current popular culture has given them. Respect and reverence for elders are demonstrated through endearing customs, like, not sitting while they are standing, even serving their food first. We find the youngsters never use the proper names of their elders too. Today a new generation is not touching the feet of all elders, holy men and women in recognition of their great humility and attainment.
There is no end to crimes even after a lot of development but a lot of increase in it. What matters if women are educated in today’s world but the crimes are just upon them at a sight? The youngsters riding motorcycles snatch the jewelry of women walking on the street etc.
We should never use harsh, angered, and indecent language and keep our bodies healthy and clean. It is very important for a cultured and civilized man to apologize immediately if he touches someone with his shoes or sandals, but in the 21st century, these things are not happening.
The character traits of courage, vision, discipline, loyalty, and work ethic are disappearing from this generation of young men. But most importantly they lack the courage to become risk-takers and leaders at home, in their community, and at work.
In the end, I would like to say that “The quest for true manhood, authentic leadership, has to be intentional.”
- Short Article On ‘Save Childhood Save Future’ (250 Words)
- Short Debate On ‘Is 21st Century Man Really Cultured And Civilized’ [AGAINST] (300 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Judiciary Vs. Media’ (250 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Care Should Be Taken In Selection Of Books’ (170 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Cinema: As A Means Of Education (125 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Electrical Safety Measures’ (200 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Where There Is A Will There Is A Way ‘ (120 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Protect Atmosphere, Save Life’ (200 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Caring For A Pet Snake’ (156 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Childhood Is The Best Part Of Life’ (150 Words)