A visit to a historical place is always an exciting experience. It is a fascinating adventure. I had one such experience during the last summer vacation when I visited Jaipur.
With my family, I reached Jaipur by train. After some rest, we undertook a visit to Jaipur. Jaipur is a historical city. We visited the Hawa Mahal first. Hawa Mahal means ‘Palace of Winds’. Hawa Mahal is a palace in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. It was built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh. Hawa Mahal was designed by Lal Chand Ustad.
Hawa Mahal is built of Red and Pink Sandstone. The palace is a five-story pyramidal-shaped monument that is situated on the main thoroughfare in the heart of Jaipur business center.
The palace is a five-story pyramidal-shaped monument. The front elevation is like a honeycomb web of a beehive built with small portholes. Each porthole has miniature windows and carved sandstone grills, finials, and domes.
By noon, we had completed the tour of Hawa Mahal and returned back. I enjoyed my trip to the Hawa Mahal very much. It was really an unforgettable experience which apart from being intellectually rewarding gave us a glimpse of our country’s proud history.
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Jama Masjid’ (260 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Hawa Mahal’ (200 Words)
- 22 Interesting Facts About ‘Mahatma Gandhi ‘ In English
- 23 Interesting Facts About ‘Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’ In English
- 24 Interesting Facts About ’26 January’ In English
- ‘National Voters’ Day: 25 January’ In India (200 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Karpoori Thakur’ (185 Words)
- 17 Interesting Facts About ‘Peacock’ In English
- 17 Interesting Facts About ‘Tricolour’ (Tiranga) In English