Why we celebrate Govardhan puja | Why is Govardhan puja celebrated? | why Govardhan puja is celebrated | when is Govardhan puja | what is Govardhan puja | Govardhan puja | Govardhan pooja
‘Govardhan Puja’ is a famous festival of Hindus. It is widely celebrated in the northern part of India. This is the fourth day of Diwali.
It is celebrated on the first day of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month according to Hindu Calendar. It is celebrated on the next day of the Diwali festival.
Govardhan Puja is a festival to worship Lord Krishna and Mount Govardhan is popularly known as Govardhan Parvat.
It is celebrated in commemoration of the lifting of the mountain Govardhan by Lord Krishna on his fingertip. The day is to worship Govardhan Parvat who is said to have saved its’ inhabitants from incessant rains. It symbolizes the importance of nature in our lives.
- Short Essay On ‘International Literacy Day ‘ (100 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Dhanteras’ (150 Words)
- Short Paragraph On ‘Rocket’ (100 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Chhath Puja’ (250 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Gurpurab’ (200 Words)