Justice H.J. Kania
‘Justice Harilal Jekisundas Kania’ (H J Kania) was the son of Jekisundas M. He Passed the High Court (O.S.) Examination in 1915.
He Did B.A. from Samaldas College, Bhavnagar. He Did his LL.B. from Government Law College, Bombay. He was married in 1925 to Kusum daughter of Sir Chunilal Mehta.
Justice Kania Conferred knighthood in 1943 and since then the Hon’ble Sir Harilal Jekisundas Kania.
He was the Judge of the High Court, Bombay from 1933-1946. He was appointed as Acting Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court in 1944 and 1945. He was appointed as the Judge of the Federal Court on 20 June 1946 to 13 Aug. 1947.
Justice Kania was appointed as the Judge of the Supreme Court of India. He took oath as the Chief Justice of India on 15 Aug. 1947.
He became the first Chief Justice of Independent India and the Republic of India. He retired on 06 November 1951.
- Short Essay On ‘Elephant’ (100 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia’ (200 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Justice H.J. Kania’ (150 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Justice K Subba Rao’ (200 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘World Telecommunication Day’ (100 Words)