Full name of ‘M.G. Ramachandran’ was Marudur Gopalan Ramachandran. He was born on 17 January 1917 in Kandy, British Ceylon (now Sri Lanka). His father’s name was Melakkath Gopala Menon. His mother’s name was Maruthur Satyabhama.
M.G. Ramachandran’s career started in films. With a deep passion for acting, he enrolled himself in a drama company. In 1936 he landed himself a film role in the film, ‘Sathi Leelavathi’. Since then, there was no looking back for this talented actor.
Fondly known by the acronym MGR, Ramchandran was initially an Indian actor who went on to become a renowned politician. He was the first popular Indian actor to serve as Chief Minister of an Indian state.
M.G. Ramachandran died on 24 December 1987 at the age of 70. As an actor, MGR was one of the finest that the country has had. As a politician, he strived towards putting an end to corruption and exploitation. Posthumously, MGR was conferred with the ‘Bharat Ratna’ by the Government of India.
- Short Essay On ‘C. Rajagopalachari’ (300 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Morarji Desai’ (225 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘M.G. Ramachandran’ (170 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Acharya Vinoba Bhave’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Vinoba Bhave’
- Short Biography Of ‘Bhagwan Das’
- Short Essay On ‘Govind Ballabh Pant ‘ (260 Words)
- 15 Interesting Facts About ‘Mother Teresa’ In English
- Short Biography Of ‘Mother Teresa’