The full name of ‘Mahatma Gandhi’ was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. He was born in Porbandar of Gujarat, India on 2 October 1869. After passing the Matric Examination he went to England for higher studies. Gandhiji completed his law in England and came back to India in 1893. He started his career as a lawyer.
The Social Life of Gandhiji started in South Africa. In South Africa, he faced many hurdles. He discovered that the white men were ill-treating the dark Indians there. He himself was tortured and insulted by the white often.
One day, he was traveling in the first-class compartment of a train. He had booked a ticket for him. Still, he was evented and punished out of the compartment by the white men. Gandhiji fought against this unjust and cruel treatment. He observed Satyagraha there and became successful.
Gandhiji returned to India and took part in the freedom fight. He was sent to jail many times. Now all the countrymen were with him. He started the Non-co-operation in 1930 and the Quit India Movement in 1942. He became famous as the ‘Father of Nation’. Lastly, India wins freedom on 15th August 1947.
Gandhi’s style of living was very simple. He was a follower of ‘Simple living, high thinking. He taught us the lesson of ‘Ahimsa’. He removed the caste barrier in India. He was a reformer. He was shot dead by an Indian on his way to attend a prayer on 30 January 1948. Mahatma Gandhi is remembered in the world for his major virtues.
- Short Essay On ‘Amitabh Bachchan’ In English (500 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Kartik Purnima’ In English (200 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Mahatma Gandhi’ (200 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Acharya Ramchandra Shukla’ In English (200 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Kabirdas’ In English (350 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Surdas’ In English (225 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Our National Festivals’ In English (370 Words)