‘Mihir Sen’ was born on 16th November 1930 in Purulia, West Bengal, India. His father’s name was Ramesh Sen, he was a physician. His mother’s name was Lilabati. Mihir Sen went on to graduate with a degree in law from the local Utkal University.
Mihir Sen was an Indian swimmer, best known for being the first Asian to swim the English Channel in 1958. He was the first Indian to swim the English Channel in a record time of 14 hours and 45 minutes. He was the first swimmer ever to have crossed the Palk Straits in 1966. He swam across seven seas in five continents. He passed away on 11 June 1997.
For his trend-sitting feats in long-distance swimming, Mihir Sen was conferred with the Padma Shri in 1956 and Padma Bhushan in 1967 by the Government of India.
- Short Essay On ‘Season I Like Most’ (157 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Game I Like Most’ (140 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Christmas Tree’ (200 Words)
- National Farmer’s Day: 23 December In India | ‘Kisan Diwas’ (157 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘My Favourite Teacher ‘ (295 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Raja Ram Mohan Roy’ (155 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Nelson Mandela’ (294 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Mihir Sen’ (138 Words)