Pranab Mukherjee was born on 11th December 1935 in the village of Mirati in Birbhum district in West Bengal. His father’s name is Kamada Kinkar Mukherjee, he was an activist in the Indian independence movement. His mother was Rajlakshmi Mukherjee. He married Suvra Mukherjee on 13 July 1957.
Pranab Mukherjee took his education at Birbhum. He got an MA degree in political science and history and also an LL.B degree from the department of law of the University of Calcutta. He began his career as a clerk in Post and Telegraph Department in Calcutta. He also worked as a journalist with the ‘Desher Dak’ before entering politics.
Pranab Mukherjee became a member of the Rajya Sabha in 1969. He was re-elected to the house in 1975, 1981, 1993, and 1999. He was appointed as Union Deputy Minister in 1973. He was appointed as Cabinet Minister. He held many important posts in the government. He became the 13th President of India on 25 July 2012.
Mukherjee was the recipient of the ‘The Best Administrator in India’ award in 2011. He is very well respected within the party’s social circles. He became the first Bengali to hold the post of President of India. Pranab Mukherjee served as the 13th President of India from 2012 until 2017. He is awarded ‘Bharat Ratna’ in 2019, India’s highest civilian award.
- Short Article On ‘Early Rising’ (140 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Bridging The Generation Gap’ (379 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Advantages Of Early Rising’ (140 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Conserve Water, Save Life’ (200 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Varahagiri Venkata Giri (V.V. Giri)’ (187 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Stop Child Labour’ (400 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Indian Painting’ (120 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Civilization’ (110 Words)