‘Yogi Adityanath’ was born on 5 June 1972 in the village of Panchur, in the Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand (formerly in Uttar Pradesh). His original name is Ajay Singh Bisht. His father’s name is Anand Singh Bisht.
Yogi Adityanath completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics from the H.N.B, Garhwal University in Uttarakhand. He renounced his family at the age of 21. He came under the influence of Mahant Avaidyanath, the chief priest of the Gorakhnath Math, and became his disciple. Subsequently, he was given the name ‘Yogi Adityanath’.
Yogi Adityanath was designated as the successor of the Mahant Avaidyanath. He was appointed Avaidyanath’s successor as the Mahant of Gorakhnath Math in 1994. Four years later in 1998, he was elected to the Lok Sabha.
Yogi Adityanath has strained relations with the BJP for many years. He was the youngest member of the 12th Lok Sabha at the age of 26. He has been elected to the Parliament from Gorakhpur for five consecutive terms (in 1998, 1999, 2004, 2009, and 2014 elections).
Yogi Adityanath is an Indian priest and politician with an image as a Hindu nationalist firebrand. He is also the Mahant or head priest of the Gorakhnath Math, a Hindu temple in Gorakhpur. He is also the founder of the ‘Hindu Yuva Vahini’.
Yogi Adityanath was a prominent campaigner for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the 2017 assembly elections in the state of Uttar Pradesh and was named Chief Minister after the BJP won the election. He swore in as Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on 19th March 2017.
- 15 Interesting Facts About ‘Tiger’ In English
- 21 Interesting Facts About ‘Lotus’ In English
- 20 Interesting Facts About The ‘Banyan’ Tree In English
- 14 Interesting Facts About ‘Mango’ In English
- Short Biography Of ‘Karpoori Thakur’
- Short Essay On ‘Yogi Adityanath’ (253 Words)
- 14 Interesting Facts About ‘Rama Navami’ In English
- Short Biography Of ‘Mahant Yogi Adityanath’
- ‘World Earth Day: 22 April’