Army Recruiting Office, Ghoom
RALLY NOTIFICATION ARMY RECRUITING OFFICE – GORKHA RECRUITING DEPOT, GHOOM ARMY RECRUITMENT RALLY AT GHOOM ARMY GROUND 12 FEBRUARY 2020 TO 13 FEBRUARY 2020
- 1. Army Recruitment Rally will be held for eligible male candidates of Darjeeling and Kalimpong districts from 12 February 2020 to 13 February 2020 at the Ghoom Army Ground. Online registration is mandatory and will be opened from 15 December 2019 to 28 January 2020 at the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Admit Cards for the rally will be sent through registered e-mail on 29 January 2020. Candidates should reach the venue on the given date and time as mentioned in the Admit Card.
- Candidates will be screened for the following Categories and as per Qualitative Requirements mentioned below :-
Army Recruiting Office, Ghoom – Soldier General Duty
Army Recruiting Office, Ghoom
Soldier General Duty
8th Class, 10th Class, 10+2
Official Website / PDF Download
4. Candidates are required to bring following documents / certificates in original with
two attested photocopies of each with them to the rally site :-
(a) Admit Card. Printed with Laser Printer on good quality paper (Do not shrink
(b) Photograph. Twenty copies of unattested Passport size colour
photographs developed on good quality photographic paper in white background not
more than three months old. Computer printouts / photoshopped photographs will
NOT be accepted.
(c) Education Certificates.
(i) Education Certificates with marks sheet in original of all educational
qualifications achieved by candidate i.e Matric / Intermediate / Graduation etc
from recognised School / College / Board / University.
(ii) Provisional / online education certificate should be certified ink signed
by the head of the educational institution of concerned Board / University.
(iii) Candidates with matric certificate from Open School should bring
School Leaving Certificate countersigned by BEO/ DEO.
(d) Domicile Certificate. Domicile Certificate with photograph issued by
Tehsildar/ District Magistrate.
(e) Caste Certificate. Caste Certificate affixed with photograph (Maharashtra
State does not issue with photograph) of the candidate issued by the Tehsildar/
(f) Religion Certificate. Religion Certificate issued by the Tehsildar/SDM. (if
religion as “SIKH / HINDU / MUSLIM / CHRISTIAN” is not mentioned in caste
(g) School Character Certificate. School Character Certificate issued by the
School/ College Principal/ Headmaster where the candidate last studied.
(h) Character Certificate. Character Certificate with photograph issued by
Village Sarpanch/ Municipal Corporation within last six months.
(j) Unmarried Certificate. Unmarried Certificate for candidates less than
21 years of age with photograph issued by Village Sarpanch/ Municipal Corporation
within last six months.
(k) Relationship Certificate. Son of Serviceman (SOS)/ Son of Ex-Serviceman
(SOEX)/ Son of Widow (SOW)/ Son of War Widow (SOWW) Candidates are
required to produce the following documents :-
(i) Relationship certificate issued from respective Records Office only duly
signed by Record Officer with Personal number, Rank, Name and particular of
the Record Officer issuing the Relationship Certificate with office seal/ stamp
(ii) A declaration to the affect as mentioned in the Affidavit on Ten Rupees
Non-Judicial Stamp paper prepared by the ESM duly signed by 1st Class/
Executive/ Judicial Magistrate is required to be submitted by the candidate at
rally site. Format of affidavit attached as per Appendix.
(iii) Original Discharge Book of Ex-Servicemen also to be produced. Name
and date of birth of the candidate must have been recorded in it.
(l) NCC Certificate. NCC A/ B/ C certificates and Republic Day Parade
certificate should have photograph of the candidate duly attested by issuing
authority. Provisional NCC A/ B/ C pass certificates will only be accepted if
authenticated by concerned NCC Group Commanders.
(m) Sports Certificate.
(i) Sportsmen who have represented India at International level and State
at National level within the last two years. For list of sports under which
relaxation in physical standards is admissible attention is invited to
(ii) Sportsmen who have represented District at State level and University
team or regional team at District level with 1st /2nd position within last two
years. Sports certificates should be with registration number and from govt
recognized sports institutes / bodies as under :-
(aa) All Sr/Jr National Championship certificates- Respective
(ab) All State & Dist level certificates – Respective State
(ac) All University level certificates – Inter University
(ad) All School level certificates – All India School
(n) Affidavit. Duly signed by candidate on Rs 10/- Non-judicial Stamp Paper
as per specimen attached at Appendix duly attested by notary will be submitted by
(o) Single Bank A/C, PAN Card & AADHAR Card. Single Bank A/C, PAN
Card & Aadhar Card are mandatory documents for final enrolment for purpose of
Pay & allowances and other social benefits scheme.
5. Special Instructions. Nil.
6. Administration. Candidates are advised to bring sufficient eatables and drinking
water with them since recruitment is a time consuming process.
7. Candidates will be permitted entry into the rally site only on production of
Admit Card in duplicate generated online through the official website
www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Anyone found with fake admit card will be handed over to
8. Recruitment into the army is free of service. Candidates are advised not to pay bribe
to anyone for recruitment as it is based purely on merit. Selection process during
recruitment at all stages is computerized and transparent. Therefore candidates are
advised to be beware of touts as they cannot help them at any stage.
9. Candidates are advised to check their age & education criteria before participating in
the rally. Candidates found under age / overage and not meeting education criteria will be
10. Giving / taking bribe, production of bogus / fake certificates and indulging in unfair
means is a criminal offence and liable for punishment under law.
11. Certificates with overwriting, tampering of seals or erasing/ alteration of any type will
not be accepted.
12. All documents submitted by the candidates are verified by government agencies
before enrolment into Army. Strong legal action will be taken against individuals submitting
fake documents. Even after recruitment, the service will be terminated if candidates are
found to have produced fake documents or gave wrong information at the time of
recruitment, despite the number of years of service individual may have rendered.
13. No compensation for Death / Injury / Loss etc during the rally and no travelling
allowance / dearness allowance for journey is admissible. Candidates will participate in the
rally at their own risk and the participation is totally and entirely voluntary. The signing of
Indemnity Bond is a mandatory reqmt.
14. Use of Performance Enhancing Drugs. Use of any kind of performance
enhancing drugs is strictly banned. Candidates having been found to have used the same
will be debarred from further screening.
15. Tattoos. Permanent body tattoos (only small innocuous tattoos that are
not prejudicial to good order and military discipline) are permitted only on inner face
of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back
(dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not
acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection.
16. If 180 days or more lapse between screening medical at the rally and dispatch,
medical will be done again and unfit candidates in this review will not be recruited.
17. Selection is provisional till Rahdari Certificate is issued and candidates are
dispatched for training.
18. Mobile phones are not permitted in the rally site and at the time of CEE.
19. Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo medical exam before coming
for selection especially with respect to flat foot, poor vision, deformities and physical
measurements. All are advised to ensure that their ears are free of wax by getting it
cleaned by a doctor prior to the rally.
20. Candidates may have to present themselves at rally site for three to four days.
Candidates should make arrangements for stay under their own arrangements.
21. Negative marking would be applicable in CEE.
22. Result of written examination will be declared on the official website
www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. No separate letter will be sent to the candidate. It is
responsibility of each candidate to check his result and report to ARO for documentation.
23. For more details, contact on the following mobile numbers :-
The terms and conditions, given in the notification and on the website are
subject to change and should, therefore, be treated as guidelines only. In case of any
ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of Indian Army / Government of India
will be final. Details are also available on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in