“A sound mind in a sound body” is an old maxim. There are three aspects of human personality—the body, the mind, and the spirit. Full development of personality is possible through physical; mental and spiritual development. Out of these three, body development is first, The other two are based on it.
The main aim of education is to develop the personality from all sides. Physical and mental-both developments are necessary for a student. A healthy mind lives in a healthy body. Games and sports are the best sources of physical development.
Physical exercise is as .necessary as exercises in different subjects like English, Maths, or Science. By playing games in the fresh air a student can get a good physique. Games and sports are a great source of recreation too. ‘They remove the dullness of the student.
Broadly speaking, games can be divided into two categories, Outdoor games, and Indoor games. Outdoor games are played in open spaces on the playground Football, Cricket, Ilockey, Tennis, etc. are outdoor games. We play indoor games within doors. Chess, Ludo, Carrom, and Badminton, etc. are indoor games.
Through outdoor games like cricket and football and athletic activities like a sprint, running and long jump, etc. the students get physically active. Through exercise blood circulation increases and the waste products of the body comes out in the form of sweat. Some indoor games are physically exhausting but some require more mental exercise. However, they too help a lot as a source of recreation.
A sportsman learns team spirit, whiéh is very much essential for success in life. In whatever field one may go, he can’t do everything by himself. A sportsman knows the value of team spirit and can work in a group. Sports and games teach discipline too. Most successful men of the world owe their achievement to discipline gained through games. Sports and games help a lot in training our youth. ‘I’m through healthy competition they learn their capabilities. Moreover, ‘I’hey too release their youthful energy in a healthy manner. At present, it is realized everywhere that games and sports have an important role in shaping our personality.
Our students must realize the importance of games and sports and take part in them. The time is over for a bookworm as he can’t be anywhere in the run-fast-run competition everywhere. What the country needs now is an active mind in a healthy body. Without games, nobody can achieve this necessity of time.
Download Our App
- Army Recruiting Office (5)
- Cantonment Board (1)
- CG Government Job (60)
- CG Medical Jobs (55)
- CG Vyapam (2)
- CGPEB (3)
- CGPSC (13)
- Chhattisgarh High Court (4)
- CMHO (32)
- CSPHCL (1)
- Directorate of Medical Education (1)
- DRDO-CVRDE (1)
- e Notes (3)
- English Grammar (6)
- Essay (66)
- Full form (21)
- Goa Shipyard Limited (1)
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya (1)
- Indian Coast Guard (1)
- Latest Police/ Defense Jobs (12)
- Letter Writing (34)
- Ministry of defense (1)
- NHM Chhattisgarh (2)
- Notification (2)
- Poem (6)
- Private Job (2)
- Question Paper (1)
- Result (6)
- Teaching Job (10)
- Chhattisgarh Forest Service Exam CGPSC Online Form 2020
- Write an application to your principal requesting him to grant you three days of sick leave.
- Civil Judge Online Form 2020 [CGPSC] Latest CG Govt Jobs
- Write a letter to your friend’s father, informing you about your friend who got injured during a football match.
- CGPSC Asst Director (Agriculture) Exam Online Form 2020Last Date: 15/07/2020
- Latest job 2020 – Mazdoor, Chowkidar & Civil Motor Driver
- Lecturer, Head Master, Asst Teacher, Asst, Peon & Other job vacancies 2020
- Lecturer, Head Master, Asst Teacher, Asst, Peon & Other Job Vacancy 2020 Apply Now