1, Rama Navami is one of the famous festivals of Hindus.
2. It falls on the Navami of Shukla Paksha of Chaitra Month according to Hindu Calendar.
3. This typically occurs in the Gregorian months of March or April every year.
4. This day is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Rama, the son of king Dasharath.
5. Rama is the 7th incarnation of the Dashavatara of Vishnu.
6. Rama Navami also marks the end of the nine-day utsava called Chaitra Navaratri.
7. On the day of Rama Navami, the house is swept clean and pictures of Lord Rama are put on a dais in preparation for the puja.
8. On this day, Bhajans praising the exploits of Lord Rama are sung at various houses and temples.
9. Charitable events and community meals are also organized on this day.
10. The important celebrations on this day take place at Ayodhya (Uttar Pradesh), Sita Samahit Sthal (Sitamarhi) (Bihar), Janakpurdham (Nepal), Bhadrachalam (Telangana), Kodandarama Temple, Vontimitta (Andhra Pradesh) and Rameswaram (Tamil Nadu).
11. Rathayatras, the chariot processions, also known as Shobha yatras of Lord Rama, Sita, his brother Lakshmana and Hanuman, are taken out at several places.
12. While the festival is named after Lord Rama, the festival typically includes reverence for Sita, Lakshmana, and Hanumana have given their importance in Rama’s story.
13. Devotees associated with ISKCON fast through the daylight hours. A number of ISKCON temples introduced a more prominent celebration of the occasion of the holiday with the view of addressing the needs of the growing native Hindu congregation.
14. The festival of Rama Navami is celebrated throughout India.
- 15 Interesting Facts About ‘Tiger’ In English
- 21 Interesting Facts About ‘Lotus’ In English
- 20 Interesting Facts About The ‘Banyan’ Tree In English
- 14 Interesting Facts About ‘Mango’ In English
- Short Biography Of ‘Karpoori Thakur’
- Short Essay On ‘Yogi Adityanath’ (253 Words)
- 14 Interesting Facts About ‘Rama Navami’ In English
- Short Biography Of ‘Mahant Yogi Adityanath’
- ‘World Earth Day: 22 April’