1. Mother Teresa was born on Aug. 26, 1910, in Macedonia.
2. Real Name of Mother Teresa was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu.
3. Her father died when she was only 8, ending her family’s financial security.
4. Agnes was fascinated with missionaries from an early age, and by 12 she knew that she would commit herself to a religious vocation.
5. When she was 18, she left home and joined the Sisters of Loreto in Rathfarnham, Ireland.
6. Mother Teresa committed to being a nun in 1931 and chose the name Teresa to honor the patron saints of Australia and Spain.
7. In 1946 Teresa traveled to Darjeeling for a retreat. On that journey, she realized what her true calling was: “I heard the call to give up all and follow Christ into the slums to serve him among the poorest of the poor.”
8. In 1950, she founded the Missionaries of Charity, a Roman Catholic religious congregation dedicated to serving “the hungry, the naked, the homeless, the crippled, and the blind.
9. Although she lived to be 87, she never saw her mother or sister again after the day she left for Ireland.
10. In addition to promoting literacy, Mother Teresa taught the children basic hygiene.
11. Mother Teresa was honored with many awards throughout her life.
12. In the year 1979, Mother Teresa was honored with the ‘Nobel Peace Award’.
13. She later received ‘Bharat Ratna’ (India’s highest civilian award) in 1980.
14. Mother Teresa died on 5 September 1997 at the age of 87 in Calcutta, West Bengal, India.
15. Mother Teresa is still alive in our hearts and Mother Teresa Quotes still inspire us.
- Short Essay On ‘C. Rajagopalachari’ (300 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Morarji Desai’ (225 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘M.G. Ramachandran’ (170 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Acharya Vinoba Bhave’ (200 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Vinoba Bhave’
- Short Biography Of ‘Bhagwan Das’
- Short Essay On ‘Govind Ballabh Pant ‘ (260 Words)
- 15 Interesting Facts About ‘Mother Teresa’ In English
- Short Biography Of ‘Mother Teresa’