International Literacy Day: 8 September
‘International Literacy Day ’ is celebrated on 8th September every year. It is also known as World Literacy Day. September 8 was proclaimed International Literacy Day by UNESCO on November 17, 1965.
It was first celebrated in 1966. Each year since then World Literacy Day is celebrated with a new purpose. This day is observed around the world.
UNESCO describes literacy as “a human right, a tool of personal empowerment, and a means for social and human development”.
International Literacy Day’s aim is to highlight the importance of literacy to individuals, communities, and societies. Celebrations take place around the world. Celebrations of International Literacy Day have included specific themes.
- Short Essay On ‘International Literacy Day ‘ (100 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Dhanteras’ (150 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Govardhan Puja’ (100 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Chhath Puja’ (250 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Gurpurab’ (200 Words)