Paul Laurence Dunbar
‘Paul Laurence Dunbar’ was born on June 27, 1872, in Dayton, Ohio. He was the son of ex-slaves. His father’s name was Joshua and his mother’s name was Matilda.
Paul Laurence Dunbar wrote his first poem at age 6 and gave his first public recital at age 9. At an early age, he edited and published many newspapers.
Paul Laurence Dunbar wrote many short stories, novels, plays, songs, essays, and poetry. Due to racial discrimination, he could only find work as an elevator operator. He wrote most of his works while taking people up and down the elevator. Paul Laurence Dunbar was among the first African-American poets to gain national prominence. He passed away on February 9, 1906.
- Short Biography Of ‘Raja Ram Mohan Roy’ (155 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Mihir Sen’ (138 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Ways To Prevent Animal Attacks’ (120 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Nelson Mandela’ (294 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’
- Short Biography Of ‘Harry Houdini’ (141 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Siegfried Sassoon’ (117 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Jagdish Chandra Bose’ (176 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Sarojini Naidu’ (250 Words)