A Visit to a Historical Place
A visit to a historical place is always an exciting experience. It is a fascinating adventure. I had one such experience during the last summer vacation when I visited Delhi.
With my family, I reached Delhi by train. After some rest, we undertook a visit to Delhi. Delhi is a historical city. It has been called by different names in different periods of time. On one hand, there are Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Jantar Mantar, Qutub Minar, and India Gate which narrates the glorious past of India; while Rashtrapati Bhawan, Lotus Temple, Parliament, to name a few, are the wonders of modern times.
We visited the Red Fort first. The Red Fort is also known as Lal Quila and is the landmark of Delhi. It stands on the bank of the river Yamuna. It was built by Shah Jehan in 1648. It is built using red stones. It consisted of Diwan-e-Aam, Diwan-e-Khas, Rang Mahal etc. The surroundings of the pavilion have been decorated using precious stones, gems, valuable stones, and silver linings.
Diwan-e-Khas is beautifully designed and has its walls engraved with the following text: “If there is anywhere Paradise on earth, it is this, it is this and it is this”. Another superb structure like Pearl Mosque on Moti Masjid is built near Rang Mahal. Then we went to the first floor. On the first floor, there is a war memorial museum.
The Prime Minister of India hoists the national flag here on Red Fort on every Independence Day and addresses to the nation from its rampart.
By noon, we had completed the tour of Red Fort and returned back. I enjoyed my trip to the Red Fort very much. It was really an unforgettable experience which apart from being intellectually rewarding gave us a glimpse of our country’s proud history.
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Qutub Minar ‘ (355 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Golden Temple ‘ (215 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Jantar Mantar’ (285 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Lotus Temple ‘ (175 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To A Historical Place’ (300 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Jantar Mantar (Delhi)’ (130 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Sanchi Stupa’ (200 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Indian Culture’ (200 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Char Minar ‘ (220 Words