A Visit to Golden Temple
A visit to a historical place is always an exciting experience. It is a fascinating adventure. I had one such experience during the last summer vacation when I visited Amritsar.
With my family, I reached Amritsar by train. After some rest, we undertook a visit to Amritsar. Amritsar is a historical city. We visited the Golden Temple first. The Golden Temple in Amritsar is the holiest shrine of the Sikh region. This Temple has been destroyed many times and had been rebuilt again. It was built during the reign of Akbar, who had great respect for all religions. The domes of the Temple are covered in gold.
The Golden Temple of Amristar is also known as Harmandar Sahib or Darbar Sahib. It is a great pilgrimage center for the Sikhs. The holy temple was completed under the direct control and supervision of Guru Arjan Dev. Its foundation stone was laid by a renowned Muslim divine, Mian Mir. It was given four doors, one in each direction. It has a large pool around it.
By noon, we had completed the tour of the Golden Temple and returned back. I enjoyed my trip to the Golden Temple very much. It was really an unforgettable experience which apart from being intellectually rewarding gave us a glimpse of our country’s proud history.
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Qutub Minar ‘ (355 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Golden Temple ‘ (215 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Jantar Mantar’ (285 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Lotus Temple ‘ (175 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To A Historical Place’ (300 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Jantar Mantar (Delhi)’ (130 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Sanchi Stupa’ (200 Words)
- Short Article On ‘Indian Culture’ (200 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Char Minar ‘ (220 Words