A Visit to the Taj Mahal
A visit to a historical monument is always an exciting experience. It is a fascinating adventure. I had one such experience during the last summer vacation when I visited Agra.
With my family, I reached Agra by train. After some rest, we undertook a visit to Agra. Agra is a historical city. There are many beautiful and worth seeing historical places in India. But the Taj Mahal of Agra is the most beautiful of all.
We visited the Taj Mahal first. The Taj Mahal was built about three hundred and fifty years ago by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, in memory of his beloved queen, Mumtaj. It is located on the bank of River Yamuna.
The Taj Mahal is a dream in marble. What a fine layout indeed! This is what one could say on the spot. It looked white on all sides. The green tufts of glass and the green shoots of hot Cyprus trees adorned its majestic beauty.
We went down the staircase. We found the graves of the king and the queen under the dome in a dark chamber. Multicolored pieces of glass and couplets from the Quran decorated the side walls. The four minarets stood as watchmen at each of the main buildings.
By noon, we had completed the tour of the Taj Mahal and returned back. I enjoyed my trip to the Taj Mahal very much. It was really an unforgettable experience which apart from being intellectually rewarding gave us a glimpse of our country’s proud history.
- Short Essay On ‘M. Hidayatullah’ (270 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Atal Bihari Vajpayee’ (310 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘Khān Abdul Ghaffār Khān'(220 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’ (180 Words)
- Short Biography Of ‘B.D. Jatti’
- Short Biography Of ‘Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed’
- Short Biography Of ‘Subhash Chandra Bose’
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Red Fort’ (300 Words)
- Short Essay On ‘A Visit To Taj Mahal’ (250 Words)